Trondheims first Maker Faire is over. And it was awesome! And yes, the awesomeness will continue.
Norwegian Creations exhibited a big and NC-created plotting machine (checked out by Make here). Visitors controlled this machines in real time using a drawing pad. We supplied paper and markers, and of course, this was free for all (it was Maker Faire, not a commercial trade show).
At last years Mini Maker Faire, we had a laser engraver that draw what people where drawing on paper, so we are kind of in a “drawing”-theme now. Maybe we should continue with this?
The machine ran continuously the whole Faire, and everything worked fine!
Some insane numbers:
- The Machine draw in total: 2 * 6 = 12 hours.
- Each drawing was one A3 paper (297 mm * 420 mm = 0.12474 m2).
- The machine draw a total of 237 drawings.
- It used at average 3 minutes and 2 seconds at each drawing.
- Total drawing area used was approximately 30 m2. That’s 7.5 pool tables!
We are going to write an in depth description of the machine. AND release everything open source!